Michael Cotter – Farming the Heartland of American Storytelling.

Press Play to hear Michael Cotter speak on farming the heartland of American storytelling on the Art of Storytelling with Brother Wolf.

Michael Cotter is third generation farmer .

Tired of the tin sound?
Purchase a HQ Mp3 File of
Interview #057 Michael Cotter
Logo for art of storytelling
for $2.23
Farming the Heartland of American Storytelling.

Brief Bio
Michael Cotter is the first national storyteller to perform personal stories on the main stage at Jonesborough, TN. He is a semi-retired farmer and winner of the 2009 oracle award for excellence in storytelling.

6 Comments

• By whitney, October 16, 2010 @ 10:28 pm

Do you have an Mp3 or recording of the story about your daughter and the time she sort of separated from your dog? I think she was five and the story was about how your daughter was growing up. I loved that story. I hope you know which one I’m talking about. :-)

• By Brother Wolf, October 18, 2010 @ 10:37 am

Hi Whitney

Michael Cotter does not use the internet – and this page is not published by him so it is highly unlikely that he will read your note and answer your question –

Sorry.

All the Best

Eric Wolf

• By Linda Tressler Smolen, December 3, 2011 @ 11:36 am

I first heard stories told by Michael Cotter at Wintertales in Oklahoma City. It was a great experience to listen to personal stories.
    Not only is Michael a great storyteller, he is also a very caring person. Hope all is well with him.

• By Kirkie Gibson, July 22, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

On the previous screen which came up on google, you said to contact you, but no address or was was given.
    I have loved your stories since Jonesborough, some years ago. I wrote you and purchased more tapes from you. I believe I purchased one or more at Jonesborough. Do you have stories on CD’s? or MP3’s?
    I grew up on a farm in upstate South Carolina and the stories ’struck home’. I am a 77 year old lady. Thanks.

• By Larry Amelse, December 10, 2013 @ 10:10 pm

Am trying to find Michael Cotter’s story “People of the earth”. It was about working the fields and encountering wild life during his plowing and haying. Thanks for any info if A C.D. is available or any other info you may have, Larry

• By Brother Wolf, December 17, 2013 @ 10:44 am

Michael Cotter does not have any web presence nor has he ever recorded any CD’s that I know of. So I am sorry to say as far as I know that you will have to relie on your memory or find the teller himself.

Other Links to this Post